Riverwood Athletic Club Subdivision
Riverwood Athletic Club Amenities
The largest of the Fred Smith Company Sports Club locations, residents of Riverwood Athletic Club enjoy the highest quality amenities only moments from their front doors. When you become a resident of Riverwood Athletic Club, you will enjoy a relaxing luxury lifestyle without the high luxury costs. Swimming amenities include:
- Large fenced-in children’s wading pool, perfect for non-swimmers
- Outdoor event and lap pool with 1 meter diving board, 4 lap lanes, and basketball hoop
- Indoor Competition Pool featuring six, 25-yard lanes perfect for lap swimming and a max depth of 8 feet
- Outdoor Recreational Pool featuring children’s sprayground with max depth of 2.5 feet, 67-foot waterslide, cabana with restrooms, showers, shaded tables and ceiling fans, large sun deck, security check-in, and lifeguards
- Professional Aquatics Programs including summer swim team and year round USS swim team, swim lessons, water aerobics, masters swim team and high school swim teams
Living In Riverwood
Riverwood residents don't just live in a neighborhood, they enjoy living in and being a part of a community. The design of Riverwood Athletic Club offers residents stunning homes nestled in the natural beauty of Clayton, NC, while still offering quick access to Raleigh, I-40, I-540, and Hwy 70. Riverwood though, goes beyond great location and quality real estate craftsmanship; it offers you a wide range of relaxing vistas, exciting experiences, and more time to enjoy life—all only a moment’s walk from your front door:
- Village Shops include an ice cream shop, spa, dog grooming, and more.
- Playgrounds offer mini escapes to burn off energy for children and parents alike, without having to pile everyone into the car to get there.
- Miles of walking and biking trails meander through the picturesque community and offer a wonderful way to work off the yummy visits to the ice cream shop!
- Your children will attend the highly-ranked and award-winning Riverwood Schools, which you and your children can easily walk to from your front door. Year after year, Riverwood’s onsite schools are ranked as some of the best schools in the country!
- Multiple park areas featuring gazebos offer perfect impromptu picnics with family and friends.
- Enjoy fishing in the community pond.
- A highly rated, community-based daycare is located right past the Village Shops at the entrances of Riverwood, making drop off and pick up a breeze as you commute to work.
Are you ready for a work out? Riverwood Athletic Club has you covered! From the premier equipment in the workout center, to exercise classes and open gymnasium time, you can find the perfect workout schedule for you. At the Riverwood Athletic Club you will enjoy:
- Precor elliptical trainers, treadmills and stair climbers, NuStep cross trainers, Concept II rowing machines
- LifeCycles upright & recumbent cycling equipment, individual cardio cinemas
- Top of the Line Free Weights, Professional Fitness Management and Personal Trainers
- Aerobics classes such as Zumba, senior fit, kids fit, boot camp and more
- Summer Camps are also offered for additional costs per child
- Nursery Care for children aged 6 weeks to 10 years on Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 11:30am and Monday through Thursday 5:00pm to 8:00pm as well as Saturday care from 9:00am to 12:00pm.
Enjoying The Fred Smith Neighborhood Lifestyle
Additionally, as a Riverwood Athletic Club resident and a Fred Smith Community homeowner, you not only get to enjoy all the amenities of Riverwood Athletic Club, but also amenities at any of the Fred Smith Neighborhood Sports Club facilities including LionsGate, Tralee, Mingo Creek, and Hedingham. You'll also have golf privileges at Riverwood Golf Club, Eagle Ridge Golf Club, Old Liberty Golf Club, and Hedingham Golf Club. To learn more about all the included amenities offered between all the Fred Smith Neighborhoods you can visit our Fred Smith Neighborhoods Amenities Overview page.